Thursday, August 30, 2007

Learning 2.0: Rollyo

Today I explored Rollyo and created my own personal Rollyo roll funnycats. In my defense, I couldn't think of anything else.

What Rollyo does is let you create an individual type of search engine. Have a few sites that you like to search? You can create a Rollyo roll that will search all of those sites at once.

I can see uses in such a tool, actually. Might be a nice way to help students conduct web searches of the free web. Particularly for very specific assignments. If, for example, a class is working on an assignment where they are researching terrorism and have to look at the web. I could use Rollyo to identify the "good" websites for them and they could save time and use Rollyo to search. But, honestly, I don't think they would ; )

It will be interesting to see where Rollyo goes and if it becomes a frequently used tool or not.

However, I still don't "get" bookmarklets. I might have to do some further exploring on that one on my own when I get some free time. Ha! LOL. Free time! ; )

1 comment:

foxtwin said...

Perhaps Google will buy rollyo one of these days and make it more useful - just before they buy *us* ha ha!