Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Learning 2.0: Mashup Editors

Okay, seriously, people have way too much time on their hands. Give me a call; you can help me clean my house!

One of the first things we learned about with this lesson is how "creative" types have come up with lots of different ways to find photos on Flickr thanks to mashups. Over at 11 Craziest Ways to Browse Flickr Photos we learned about tools that will let you search for photos on Flickr using song lyrics, RSS, and lots of other crazy ways. The one cool one looked to be the one that let you search by color, which I bet could be useful for someone looking to match colors for a website, etc.

Next, I'm suppose to actually try to create a mashup of my own. Hmm, yikes. I'm going to have to think about this. Stay tuned.....

Update: I surrender! I can not think of a mash-up to create. Seriously.

1 comment:

Ning Zou said...

Nicole,

I changed the exercise requirement and make the creation of a mashup as an optional one. I didn't intend to require people to create a mashup. I created this lesson during the GSO week back in Sept. :(