Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Are You Kidding Me?

The strangest, most awful things always happen while the husband's away. Every time. Yesterday was a crazy, crazy day at work. Plus, I'm sick (I'm going to the doctor today. I swear!) So it actually came as no suprise -- though still quite unpleasant -- when I discovered the present our 100% indoor, never ever goes outside, cat left for me on the floor at the foot of the bed this morning. A mouse. A dead mouse.

Believe it or not, I didn't scream. I just covered it up with something heavy just in case it wasn't actually dead but playing dead. Cho was so proud. I could tell. And this discovery explains the unusal amount of time the cat has spent in the basement the past couple of days.

Orkin is coming on Friday. And, once again, I get to deal with something like this sans husband. Well, you know what they say, "When the cat's away, the mice will play."

No comments: