Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Learning 2.0: Lost in YouTube

I did it again. I'm lost in YouTube. I go and look at this, then this, then this, and before I know it, it's been an hour.

I decided I'd try searching Berea College on YouTube to see what, if anything, is there. Wow. Tons of stuff. And let me just say that "these kids today" must have more money then we did when we went there. There's no way I could have been able to afford a video camera or even a digital camera when I went there. And they're complaining about $30 paychecks. When we went there ..... But I digress.


On the first page of hits, I discovered some clever videos produced by the College's PR office. Like this one:




But then, I discover so much more. Video from the Library's student Christmas party (ah, I remember it well). And then, a video of two girls talking about "You Know You Go to Berea When..." It's funny how still very similar a lot of these are. These same girls also appear to have a series on YouTube they call "10 Random Questions."

YouTube is definitely a site for fun. But I think the opportunities of use by academic institutions, faculty, and libraries is enormous. It's a great place to go to find video to use in the classroom, to link to websites, etc. But it absolutely a great place to SHARE your original videos, lectures, presentations, etc.

No comments: