Tuesday, July 3, 2007

If you are my friend, do NOT let me watch TLC

If you are my friend you must today promise to never let me watch the TLC channel again. Ever. Seriously.


Well, I think it was Sunday night, the TLC channel (channel 35 in Lexington) had a series of hour after hour of everything that could go wrong with a pregnancy. First, there was the story of a young girl in Haiti who had a disease that made her bones grow in weird, tumorous way. It affected her by growing on her face. This story was followed by the tale of an amazing set of conjoined twins in Minnesota, which was actually really inspiring. Followed by the story of a young primordial dwarf in Canada which was followed by a story about several primordial dwarfs.

Not to mention TLC's other regular programming such as "Honey, We're Killing the Kids," "Big Medicine," and there's some show that steps in and tries to save marriages.

For someone considering parenthood, these are NOT good shows to watch. Seriously. So if you are my friend, do not let me watch TLC!

2 comments:

Cindy J said...

OK...there is the show, A Baby Story, which is usually very sweet. Of course, Bringing Home Baby is generally a little more realistic about life with baby after the time at the hospital. Stay away from the other ones and you'll be fine. On another note...I think based on some of your other blog postings you and Matt should create a TLC Life Lesson. There is surely one in there for the talking on the cell phone in a public restroom story... :0)

Cindy J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.